Mullaghmore Head, between Cliffoney and Grange
Discover Mullaghmore Head, between Cliffoney and Grange in scenic County Sligo. Stroll along the incredible white sandy beach and get out on the water for a swim or a surfing lesson.
Mullaghmore Head is a renowned surfing spot and is described as Ireland’s ultimate big wave destination. Swim in the shimmering blue water or try a spot of windsurfing.
Explore the walking route along the coastline of Mullaghmore Head and after, stop by the small fishing village of Mullaghmore. Savour some fresh seafood and enjoy a warm welcome from the locals. Look out for majestic Classiebawn Castle in the distance and admire the picturesque stone harbour.
Take a boat trip on the wild waters of the Atlantic Ocean and head to Inishmurray Island. See the ruins of the ancient monastic site founded by St Molaise and make some time for a deep sea angling trip, the catch here is always impressive.
Things to do in Sligo
The Top Ten Best Things to Do in Sligo
Book in for a surf lesson and watch the awesome waves at Strandhill before a walk along the gorgeous Sligo beaches. You’ll remember the roar of the ocean and sand between your toes long after your visit. Make time for a trip to Carrowkeel, one of Ireland’s ancient places. Explore the mysterious tombs and monuments in the striking setting of the Bricklieve Mountains. The rich history and amount of things to do in Sligo inspire and captivate all who visit, it’s a truly special part of Ireland.
Why not try the Sligo City Hotel’s recommendations for the top ten things to see and do during your visit to Sligo:
- Visit Lissadell House and Gardens, home of Countess Markievicz
- Take a boat tour of Lough Gill and see Parkes Castle and the Lake Isle of Innisfree
- Visit W. B. Yeat’s Grave at Drumcliffe
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of Glencar Waterfall
- Relax at the Voya Seaweed Baths at Strandhill
- Climb Knocknarea or Benbulben Mountains for panoramic views of Sligo
- Take a Surfing Lesson at the renowned Strandhill Beach
- Explore Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery, one of the oldest megalithic cemeteries in the world
- Play golf at the championship courses at Rosses Point and Strandhill
- Take a horse trek along the coastline of the Wild Atlantic Way