Things to Do in Sligo
See What Sligo Has On Offer
Book in for a surf lesson and watch the awesome waves at Strandhill before a walk along the gorgeous Sligo beaches. You’ll remember the roar of the ocean and sand between your toes long after your visit. Make time for a trip to Carrowkeel, one of Ireland’s ancient places. Explore the mysterious tombs and monuments in the striking setting of the Bricklieve Mountains. The rich history and amount of things to do in Sligo inspire and captivate all who visit, it’s a truly special part of Ireland.
Why not try the Sligo City Hotel’s recommendations for some of County Sligo’s must do’s and must see’s.
Tours of Sligo
- Visit Lissadell House and Gardens, home of Countess Markievicz.
- Take a boat tour of Lough Gill and see Parkes Castle and the Lake Isle of Innisfree.
- Take a horse trek along the coastline of the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Sligo Dark Tale’s Tour, Look into Sligo’s dark past.
Rest and Relaxation
- Relax at the Voya Seaweed Baths at Strandhill.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of Glencar Waterfall.
- Climb Knocknarea or Benbulben Mountains for panoramic views of Sligo.
- Take a Surfing Lesson at the renowned Strandhill Beach.
- Explore Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery, one of the oldest megalithic cemeteries in the world.
- Play golf at the championship courses at Rosses Point and Strandhill.
- Visit W. B. Yeat’s Grave at Drumcliffe.
Why not try?
- The Dapper Duck .
- The Harp Tavern.
- W.B. Coffee House.
Do Everything | With Us